Have you put any thought into your retirement? You worked hard over the years to build a great life for you and your family. As you are getting close to retirement, it is critical to shift your focus to what comes next in your life.
- When can you retire?
- Will you be able to maintain your desired lifestyle during retirement?
- Will your retirement plan provide enough cash flow to support it for the rest of my life?
- Does your plan consider the effects of inflation on your expenses and your savings?
- Will your plan require you to make distributions from your market-invested portfolio during a period of the market downturn? Are you worried about the sequence of returns risk?
- How much of your savings can be lost in taxes? Does your plan consider uncertainty about future tax rates?
- Are your retirement plan distributions coordinated with your Social Security benefits? Do you know how to maximize your Social Security benefits?
- Are you considering the cost of future medical expenses and the historically higher inflation rate for them?
- What is your plan for covering potential Long-Term Care expenses?
- What is your plan on how you or your spouse will deal with “widow’s penalty” tax?
- If something happens to you, are your affairs in order or are you planning to leave your spouse and your kids with a huge mess to untangle?
There are hundreds of different strategies and thousands of financial industry products designed to deal with these types of issues. Some claim to be a silver bullet and make your retirement planning a breeze as soon as you invest in them. If only it were that simple.
We specialize in developing retirement strategies that can help you navigate various issues you may be facing in the future. We honor fiduciary principles to act in your best interest designing and implementing your strategy. As fee-only advisors, we do not accept commission payments and have no conflict of interest when recommending different financial products.